Friday 6 September 2013

SHOP DISCOVERY: FUTURE & FOUND

On Tuesday I made a mad dash from work to make it up to Future & Found in Tufnell Park before close time and I am so glad I got my brisk walk on, as it is everything I envisaged and more. I've been admiring their online shop for a while now, after spotting it on my friend Sophia's Pinterest boards. This  seamlessly well edited selection of modern meets reclamation interior and lifestyle objets is a North London gem. The shop's clean paired back approach to retail, with grey walls, white shelving and flashes of neon is a dream to browse. Friendly owner Andrea, set up the shop at the beginning of last year and is clearly a welcome addition to the ever evolving Tufnell Park. As if on cue a customer chirps on her departure "It's so lovely having such a great local gift shop". How sweet!
White ceramics, monochrome geo print cushions and accents of neon orange and 
pink immediately catch the eye.
I bought this concrete vase for my friend Hazel's birthday. Perfect 
for displaying just one simple flower stem.
Clashing neon tea towels- almost too nice to use on the dishes.
Note to self: Buy a big bunch of neon pencils to display in my office area. So fun.
Homemade ceramics and pinch pots offer a handmade dimension to the store. 
Ceramics displayed in wooden crates nailed to the walls are used to house china, whilst reclaimed wooden cartons (painted white) have been transformed into a makeshift display table.

Andrea kindly informed me that the new season AW13 collections are arriving instore imminently. Keep your eyes peeled to their twitter feed for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment