Monday 29 July 2013

NAVAJO RUG HUNT

I've recently been on the hunt for a Navajo rug in softer pastel shades to either hang with string as a wall art feature or to sit snugly alongside our bed in the bedroom. Sadly the high street has been a bit limiting on the rug front so today I hit up Etsy and was overjoyed to come across Disco Leaf Vintage's assortment of handwoven navajo rugs featuring a myriad of scrolls, stripes and southwestern inspired patterns in whole host of summery pastel hues. I especially adore the shabby fringing and braided fringed ends. They also appear to deliver to the UK- hurrah! I have my eye on the bottom one - it is fact a doormat but the smaller dimensions would look great hung from a wall in our bedroom- perhaps above the bed...
Navajo rugs
Disco Leaf Vintage (Etsy) rugs
1. Bohemian pastel southwestern navajo ethnic geometric hand-woven interior hallway rug
16"x 60" $86.

2.
Muted handwoven striped earthy southwestern bohemian interior rug, 57" x 28" $188
3.
Summery southwestern striped pastel fringed ethnic doormat rug, 22" x 40" $54
Made in mexico and 100% wool. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow it is very beautiful design NAVAJO rug. I have to saw many kinds of rugs, Persian rugs, Indian rugs and pure handmade London rugs and Navajo looks very unique rug and like that antique oriental carpets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all beautiful rugs! I love how the pastel colors make them look bright. Those would look good if you’re trying to go for a homey and retro look. My favorite would be the first one. I like how the blue design blends with the peach background.

    Ollie Munoz

    ReplyDelete